You are about to take a vacation and you probably aren’t thinking about how you’ll care for your smile. You just know to pack your toothbrush and toothpaste because that typically is one of the first things on your packing list. Dr. Mike Henrickson and our dental team want you to follow these tips while traveling to ensure you’re giving your smile the care it needs no matter where you are traveling.
– Get a biannual exam and cleaning to ensure your smile is healthy and ready to go on any adventure whether it’s short or long.
– Forgot your toothbrush and not a store in sight? No problem! Use a washcloth or your finger to brush your teeth. Be sure to rinse vigorously with water afterward. Purchase a toothbrush ASAP, so you don’t make this habit.
– Keep your toothbrushes clean to avoid germs and bacteria by either purchasing a toothbrush case or wrapping them in something to keep out foreign objects.
– To help get saliva flowing, chew gum about 20 minutes after a meal to help avoid cavities. This helps with washing away bacteria. Look for the ADA Seal of Acceptance when purchasing gum.
– In case an emergency occurs, keep our contact information at the ready. This is to contact us when you need dental assistance in an emergency or to schedule an appointment for when you get back.
– Ask your local concierge for dental recommendations if you are traveling far or overseas. They should be able to help you find the best and closest dental practices in the area in case of an emergency.
Schedule an appointment with us as soon as you get back if you have had an emergency. Give Dr. Mike Henrickson and our dental team a call 952-941-9829 today. Twin Cities Modern Dentistry can answer your questions or make an appointment. Our dental office here in Eden Prarie, Minnesota, will be happy to give you your best smile!