Are you aware of the harm cavities can do to your oral health? Do you know cavities can be corrected and even prevented to avoid oral health disasters? Yes, it’s true! Cavities are a severe threat to your oral health and cause permanent damage to your teeth when neglected for too long.
Our dentist, Dr. Mike Henrickson, cares about your oral health and is happy to help you fight against cavities. That is why our team at Twin Cities Modern Dentistry in Eden Prarie, Minnesota, is glad to share information with you on how cavities harm your oral health.
Here is a list of reasons why cavities are detrimental to your oral health:
– Tooth discomfort: An increase in tooth sensitivity and pain can often be felt when cavities are present.
– Tooth loss: If cavities are not treated in time, eventual tooth loss can occur.
– Infection: A cavity can give rise to bacteria that travels into a tooth and infects the root of the tooth.
– Erosion: Cavities are the result of erosion that has borne holes through your tooth enamel.
– Pulp death: If the pulp of a tooth becomes infected due to a cavity allowing bacteria to seep through, the pulp will need to be removed.
– Future risks: Cavities can lead to future risks with your oral health.
As you can see, cavities can pose a serious threat to your smile and oral health. That is why taking care of your teeth are essential in preserving your oral health. If you need help with a cavity, or if you have questions about your oral health, please call us today at 952-941-9829 to make an appointment. We are always happy to take your call.